Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week 7 - Young Hye

This week went by slowly. I had planned to shadow ER, NICU, and labor, but because of the Joint Committee for Accreditation visit, all of us immersion students were not allowed to be in hospital at all. I spent time trying to finish my project as well as the PS-OC experiment. I met with Dr Vahdat on Friday, which helped me greatly in terms of how to put together a poster as I was unsure how and what I would present.

Overall, it was a great experience as I got to see different surgeries, struggles that patients go through (it felt real for the first time), know for sure that doctors do care about patient health care and it's not just mechanical get an idea of what doctors expect from engineers such as ourselves, and how research groups take advantage of ample resources available in hospitals for their work. I'm a little disappointed that I didnt get to spend time in hospital this week as I had planned, but overall I'm glad I was able to be a part of the summer immersion term. I'd like to thank Drs Wang and Frayer and Mitch for all the help and organizing this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment