Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 3 - Jawad

This week was fairly uneventful.

Most of the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were spent working on the project. I wrote some code trying to automate and streamline the already existing routines written by a post-doc. I went over some reviews of MRI scans and T2-relaxometry.

Thursday I was shadowing my mentor, Dr. Gauthier in her clinic seeing patients. This time around patients were complaining about the side-effects of Copaxen (lumps formation, burning and itching after injection). The interesting thing for me to note was that Multiple Sclerosis seem to go into a 'dormant stage' in pregnancy, due to a natural immunosuppressant state!

Most of the Friday was again spent on coding up for the project.

I couldn't goto any surgeries this week. Hopefully next one will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment